Pallimed: A Hospice and Palliative Medicine Blog

Tuesday, July 9, 2013

McPherson UMBC 682 3rd Entry

For week 5 (June 26th) we used Adobe Photoshop and created Melon Man. Mine wasn't the most gorgeous Melon Man I've ever seen (his eyeballs were especially weird!), but it was cool learning about Photoshop.

We didn't have class this week, but we had an exercise where we were to take our quiz and practice publishing it as SWF vs. HTML5 vs. PDF. I tried to use the quiz I created a few weeks ago and of course I was not able to unclick SWF under the publish menu, and select HTML5. So I used a previous captivate file (one of the accessory files provided by our textbook) and I was able to publish it in all three formats. The file played in all three formats. Then I took a look at Jessica's project (who clearly, clearly puts me to shame) and her beautiful project played nicely in all three formats (although it ran a little slowly in one of the formats). I understand the purpose of the HTML5 format is so the file can play on devices (learned this last semester in 683!).

On another note, Group C is composed entirely of rock stars because we have FINISHED our design project. We get a little respite now until we need to build out the design plan we will inherit! On to bigger and better things!

No comments:

Post a Comment