Pallimed: A Hospice and Palliative Medicine Blog

Thursday, June 13, 2013

Twitter Mania!

Wow! What a ride! I just participated in my first tweetchat - #lrnchat. Admittedly, I was a little intimidated at first, and I even took a few notes on things I'd never heard before - such as - epistemology. Huh? Is this a cousin to entomology? Because if so, I'm not a big fan of bugs!

Luckily it has nothing to do with insects - epistemology is the philosophical study of the nature and scope of knowledge. Yay - a new word!

Learning that is WINI - when I need it? Who knew?

The tweets were coming fast and furious - it was like being able to go point on point with five people at once! Being the shy, retiring little cupcake I am, I quickly overcame my intimidation and jumped into the fray. How exciting when someone responded they agreed with me!

I also carefully took note of respondents whose tweets made a lot of sense to me - I wrote their "handles" down so I can follow them in twitter. Building my network for sure.

A crazy hour, but a lot of fun!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lynn!

    Thank you for sharing! You just taught me a new word "epistemology"! Very interesting!
    ~Livia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Lynn on jumping in! Last week, I observed but was afraid to participate. This week, I was unavailable but I read through most of the tweets after. So excited to see you and Mrs. T in there! You have motivated me to try next week. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete