Pallimed: A Hospice and Palliative Medicine Blog

Saturday, June 15, 2013

McPherson EDUC 682 Entry #1

So, I'm digressing to post blogs regarding progress in the other course I'm taking this summer - EDUC 682 (Instructional Technology Design & Development). This is actually the second in a three-part series but I'm taking it out of order due to a lack of a course manager last semester. But enough about that!

We've had three class sessions already (it's a synchronous course), as follows:

May 29th - mostly a "hey" session - making sure we were all able to log in, reviewing the course syllabus and schedule. A few technology snafu's already (natch).

June 5th - learned about widgets and variables. And discussed how to report quiz results from within captivate to adobe. Interesting to be able to do this - I'm used to working in an LMS like Blackboard that reports everything for me automatically. Reporting to adobe doesn't seem to be as fully functional as Blackboard, but it's certainly better than nothing! Some of us still having remote server issues (again, natch).

June 12th - continued discussion on how to report quiz results to Adobe. Talked about importing and modifying a powerpoint presentation - that's pretty cool since I'm WAY better at Powerpoint than Captivate. I see light at the end of the tunnel with this maneuver (and badly hope it's not the train!).

In this course, our team of 3 people will developing a design plan, then handing it off to another group to operationalize. I'm a little jealous; Cat, Lewis and I just spoke and we decided on our project idea - developing a captivate tutorial for older adults using the medicare online tool that helps them select their most beneficial pharmacy benefits plan under their part D benefit (http://www.medicare.gov/part-d/). I guess I'm already jealous because it's such a great idea, I want to keep it for us to finish! I'm such a greedy little hussy!

Meanwhile, I may be needing an anxiolytic soon because I can't get my quiz to report to acrobat correctly. Of course, it's probably something I'm doing wrong. Oh well...off to beat my head on the desk a little longer! Later!

No comments:

Post a Comment